By age 14, girls drop out of sport at twice the rate of boys the same age (Women’s Sport Foundation, 2008). Fast and Female’s mission is to keep girls healthy and active in sports because it sets them up to succeed and lead in life beyond sports. We are driven to fulfill our mission because aside from the obvious benefits of physical health and wellness, we know that sports help young women develop the confidence, leadership and teamwork skills that are essential for success in later life.
Here are some resources to help you stay healthy, active, inspired, and empowered at home. Try with your friends, family, or team!
LINKS WE LOVE
- We use our theory of change as a driving force for the programs and events we run
- Removing Barriers to Keep Self-Identified Girls in Sports is an initiative with Canadian Women & Sport and the Silver Gummy Foundation
- Fast and Female 2020 Impact Report
- Fast and Female – Annual Report 2019
- The Black Girl Hockey Club is an organization on a mission to make hockey more inclusive for Black women and their friends, family and allies. Take the pledge for their Get Uncomfortable campaign.
- Founded by REAL Role Model Josephine Kwan, Flow2Freedom strives to educate girls about periods, and has designed leak-proof athleisure
- The Gist is a women-founded and operated sports media brand. Listen to a podcast, look at a social post, or read the newsletter to find out about any sport under the sun – even women’s sports!
- Find out about Plan International’s Equal Power Now initiative
- Heal In Colour is on a mission to normalize black and brown bandages
Looking to share an event, program, or initiative on our newsletters? We are now opening up a new feature to our newsletters! Every newsletter shared with our community, will now have a Community Board attached to it! Similar to a bulletin board, this board will be used to share your events, programs, or any upcoming initiatives!
Fill out the form below to apply to have a spot on our next and future newsletters to share any registrations, updates, or initiatives for all things girls and women in sports!